Auto Care Factbook
The Auto Care Association has released its industry-leading online publications, the 2022 Auto Care Factbook and the 2022 Auto Care Factbook and Lang Annual. The 31st edition has expanded sections on e-commerce, EVs and medium/heavy duty. The Factbook also includes access to interactive, up-to-date economic and industry indicator data via our TrendLens™ platform.
All employees of Auto Care Association member companies are supplied the Auto Care Factbook at no cost digitally as a benefit of their membership.
2022 Auto Care Factbook
In the 31st edition, readers will find:
- New e-commerce section including trends and sizing of this important aspect of the aftermarket including penetration and product category performance standouts;
- Expanded data and insights on hybrid, electric and fuel cell vehicles including adoption rates, registrations, and state incentive data;
- Expanded medium and heavy duty vehicle data including vehicle counts, proportions, registrations and demand by distribution channel and growing component subgroups;
- Our most popular product replacement rate data section has doubled;
- Highlights of the Mexican, Chilean and Vietnamese aftermarkets, including VIO and other pertinent stats; and
- Guidelines on how to use TrendLens™ to interactively compare data series with our trend comparison tool.
Auto Care Members
Not a member?
2022 Auto Care Factbook and Lang Annual
The only publication of its kind, this report includes the Auto Care Factbook plus the Lang Aftermarket Annual. This digital version includes data on light vehicle sales volume for 80 key aftermarket product categories, sales percentage growth, light vehicle product growth and much more.
Auto Care Members
Not a member?
Download a free excerpt
Enter your info below to learn more about the trajectory of the $400 billion recession-resistant auto care industry and its nearly 25% growth from 2020-2024 in this free one-page document including key excerpts.
We look forward to seeing everyone in person for Connect 2022!
Our primary focus is providing a safe and healthy environment for all Conference attendees. Auto Care is working with the Hyatt Regency Orlando to take precautions for the safety of all in attendance at the Conference.
In addition, to help ensure a safe and productive event as possible, Auto Care staff and representatives will take all appropriate and advisable precautions and measures as advised by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines for COVID-19. All attendees will be informed accordingly of any new or updated procedures, plans, and details as they are determined, put in place, or evolved moving towards May.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Auto Care Factbook is the #1 source for automotive aftermarket industry data, trends and insights. The Auto Care Factbook annually reports on the motor vehicle auto care industry among other key indicators. The report includes:
- U.S. Motor Vehicle Auto Care Industry
- Financial Benchmarks
Auto Care Industry
- Auto Care Industry Segments
- Vehicle Registrations and Usage
- State Summary Statistics
- Global Auto Care Industry
The Lang Aftermarket Annual Report provides unprecedented in-depth analysis of all key aspects of the light vehicle aftermarket in the U.S. combined with the Auto Care Factbook. The report includes all areas covered in the Factbook plus:
- 80 Products analyzed
- Service and Do-It-Yourself markets
- Distribution channels
- Foreign and Domestic vehicle aftermarket
- Vehicle age
- Jobber population
- Purchased Services
- Mileage analysis
- Vehicle population and mix
- Accessory and Specialty Equipment volume
- Plus many other key areas
The Auto Care Association’s award-winning digital Auto Care Factbook is the industry’s first choice for critical market data and trend information.
The expanded version of the Auto Care Factbook is paired with the Lang Aftermarket Annual, which features a comprehensive analysis of light vehicle sales volume for 80 key auto care product categories, sales percentage growth, light vehicle product growth and much more.
You’ll get access to essential information on:
- IHS Markit’s extended industry forecast through 2021
- Updated Consumer Profiles for DIY-DIFM demographics
- IMR Insights on millennial light maintenance DIYers
- Reasons Why consumers choose DIY and DIFM outlets
- DIY Propensity and shop averages
- Hybrid Vehicles Summary and Vehicle Operating Costs
Join Auto Care today.
Yes, in early summer all employees Auto Care member companies at can access a free copy of the latest version of the Auto Care Association’s annual Auto Care Factbook—the auto care industry’s standard reference for tracking economic and industry indicators.
The factbook has downloadable charts, tables and graphs that break down valuable information for you to boost your automotive business opportunities, as well as hyperlinks and bookmarks to automotive industry websites.